(August 16, 2016) – More than 180 lawyers from Littler, the world’s largest employment and labor law practice representing management, were recognized in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, one of the longest running and most respected peer-review publications in the legal industry.
Additionally, 12 Littler attorneys were recognized by Best Lawyers as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective specialties and metropolitan areas for 2017:
- William B. Balke, Labor Law – Management (Detroit)
- Linda O. Headley, Labor Law – Management (Houston)
- Lee J. Hutton, Litigation – Labor and Employment (Cleveland)
- Allan G. King, Labor Law – Management (Austin, Texas)
- Jody A. Landry, Employment Law – Management (San Diego)
- Eva C. Madison, Litigation – Labor and Employment (Fayetteville, Arkansas)
- M. Scott McDonald, Labor Law – Management (Dallas)
- Terrence H. Murphy, Labor Law – Management (Pittsburgh)
- George E. O’Brien Jr., Labor Law – Management (New Haven, Connecticut)
- Patricia E. Reilly, Litigation – Labor and Employment (New Haven)
- Michael N. Salveson, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers (Washington, DC)
- Harry W. Wellford Jr., Labor Law – Management (St. Louis)
Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© is based entirely on peer review. The guide compiles a list of outstanding attorneys by interviewing tens of thousands of lawyers for confidential evaluations of their professional peers. Best Lawyers peer-reviewed listings are now published in almost 70 countries around the world and have grown substantially in the international legal community.
About Best Lawyers®
Since it was first published in 1983, The Best Lawyers in America has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Over 79,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and Best Lawyers® has received more than 12 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Littler is the largest global employment and labor law practice, with more than 1,000 attorneys in over 70 offices worldwide. Littler represents management in all aspects of employment and labor law and serves as a single-source solution provider to the global employer community. Consistently recognized in the industry as a leading and innovative law practice, Littler has been litigating, mediating and negotiating some of the most influential employment law cases and labor contracts on record for over 70 years. Littler Global is the collective trade name for an international legal practice, the practicing entities of which are separate and distinct professional firms.