Alan I. Model has been representing employers throughout the country in all aspects of labor relations and employment law for more than 25 years. His practice includes:
- Implementing short-term and long-term labor objectives and strategies
- Complying with the National Labor Relations Act
- Advising management on NLRA compliance
- Handling collective bargaining and labor arbitrations
- Drafting employment agreements and policies
- Enforcing restrictive covenants
- Assisting in arbitration and mediation
Alan has unique experience representing a variety of employers across the country as well as locally. He works with:
- Hotels and casinos
- Gig economy platforms
- Cannabis industry
- Construction industry employers
- Manufacturing companies
In addition, Alan helps to foster positive employee relations through crafting and implementing interactive management training. He also counsels human resource professionals with regard to day-to-day workplace issues, assists employers in the development of strategies required for opening new facilities, mergers, relocations, consolidations of existing facilities, acquisitions, subcontracting, reductions-in-force, and drafting and reviewing buy-sell agreements for asset or stock transactions. Alan has advised employers to ensure their NLRA compliance in more than 150 union organizing campaigns.
Alan regularly writes about cutting-edge labor and employment law issues and is a prolific presenter on varied topics. He is a member of the firm's Traditional Labor Law, Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets, and Retail and Hospitality practice groups.
Before joining Littler in 2006, Alan practiced management-side employment and labor law for 13 years and worked for a member of the NLRB.