SAN FRANCISCO, CA (August 18, 2014) – More than 180 attorneys from Littler, the world’s largest employment and labor law practice representing management, were included in the newly-released 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America©, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal industry. Additionally, the following 13 Littler attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective specialties and metropolitan areas:
- Maury Baskin, Labor Law – Management (Washington, D.C.)
- John M. Cerilli, Employment Law – Management (Pittsburgh)
- Richard R. Gray, Litigation – Labor and Employment (Sacramento)
- Lee J. Hutton, Litigation – Labor and Employment (Cleveland)
- Jay W. Kiesewetter, Employment Law – Management (Memphis)
- Scott McDonald, Labor Law – Management (Dallas)
- Alan L. McLaughlin, Litigation – Labor and Employment (Indianapolis)
- Marko J. Mrkonich, Employment Law – Management (Minneapolis)
- George E. O’Brien, Labor Law – Management (New Haven)
- Paul E. Prather, Labor Law – Management (Memphis)
- Michael N. Salveson, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers (Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia)
- Jay D. St. Clair, Labor Law – Management (Birmingham)
- Ted Scott, Labor Law – Management (San Diego)
“We take great pride in our talent and are delighted to once again have so many of our attorneys represented on the list,” said Tom Bender and Jeremy Roth, co-managing directors of Littler.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer-review. The guide compiles a list of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of lawyers provide confidential evaluations of their professional peers. Best Lawyers peer-reviewed listings are now published in almost 70 countries around the world and have grown substantially in the international legal community. The 21st edition covers all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey. Over 52,000 leading attorneys cast more than 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Littler is the largest global employment and labor law practice, with more than 1,000 attorneys in over 60 offices worldwide. Littler represents management in all aspects of employment and labor law and serves as a single-source solution provider to the global employer community. Consistently recognized in the industry as a leading and innovative law practice, Littler has been litigating, mediating and negotiating some of the most influential employment law cases and labor contracts on record for over 70 years. Littler Global is the collective trade name for an international legal practice, the practicing entities of which are separate and distinct professional firms.