We are pleased to share with you Littler's Report on the 2012 Littler Initiative entitled The "Bring Your Own Device" to Work Movement. The Report analyzes the challenges employers will face over the next 1 to 3 years as more and more employees use personal devices to perform work. For some companies, a BYOD or "Bring Your Own Device" policy may be the right response. But the adoption of BYOD policies will increase certain employment and labor law risks in the areas of:
- Time Recording and Overtime
- Harassment, Discrimination, and Equal Employment Opportunities
- Workplace Safety
- Acceptable Use of Technology
- Compliance and Ethics
- Data Privacy and Security
- Records Management
- Litigation Holds
- Confidentiality and Trade Secret Protection
The BYOD Movement requires a truly interdisciplinary response. Thirteen of Littler’s Practice Groups contributed to the insights and recommendations in the Report.
To read the Littler Report, please click here.