Tanja L. Darrow specializes in litigation and has a labor and employment law practice that includes:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Fair employment practices
- Wage and hour issues
An experienced trial and appellate attorney, Tanja has successfully tried numerous cases on behalf of corporate clients. With a keen focus on providing superior quality work, coupled with her understanding of the need to provide strategic and practical solutions to assist clients with a wide range of issues, she counsels clients in various industries, including:
- Higher education
- Consumer services
In addition, her California real estate broker’s license also allows her to effectively work with clients in the real estate industry.
Tanja has significant experience providing training on diversity and discrimination issues, counseling employers on sexual and racial discrimination and harassment issues, and resolving difficult and complex matters effectively and persuasively.
She regularly participates as a panelist in employment seminars, makes presentations to local professional organizations, and has presented numerous in-house training sessions and workshops to management teams. Tanja frequently speaks and writes on a variety of employment law topics, including:
- Sexual harassment
- Employment discrimination
- Wrongful termination
- Negligent hiring
- Supervision and training
- Personnel policies
- Employee handbooks
- Wage and hour law
- Employment law updates
Ms. Darrow regularly participates as a panelist in employment seminars. She makes presentations to local professional organizations, the California State Bar, and has also presented numerous in-house training sessions and workshops to management teams.
Tanja has received commendations on her pro bono and community service work from former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.
She serves on Littler Mendelson's Diversity Council and is a member of the Firm's 12-attorney Accounting Audit Committee. Previously, she was a partner at another firm where she practiced aviation defense.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Litigation Executive Committee (Board of Governors Appointment) - State Bar of California
- Member, Labor and Employment Section - State Bar of California
- Assistant vice president, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Black Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- Former president, John M. Langston Bar Association
- Former member, Board of Governors - National Bar Association
- Former officer, California Association of Black Lawyers
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rating
- Named, Rising Star - Southern California, Super Lawyers, 2004-2007