Providing Guidance in Uncertain Times
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) has created new obligations. However, many employers must make decisions that will have a direct impact on the healthcare plans they will be offering. The requirements of the ACA are extremely complex, and its legal implications extend well beyond Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Internal Revenue Code.
The Littler Healthcare Reform Consulting Group is here to help. Our group comprises some of our most experienced employee benefits attorneys. Littler is situated to provide real-world legal advice, not only with respect to healthcare plan compliance but also in regard to risks arising under the ACA and other areas of law, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII, whistleblower statutes and traditional labor.
Consulting and Legal Services
The Littler Healthcare Reform Consulting Group advises clients on a range of issues related to healthcare reform, including:
- Review and revision of existing health plan documents to help ensure ACA compliance.
- Analysis of employment demographics to determine whether workforce restructuring would enhance ACA compliance and assistance in analyzing the legal risks inherent in a restructuring strategy considering each client’s unique business needs.
- Assistance in developing internal company task forces for ACA implementation issues.
- Advice on tax consequences of ACA compliance.
- Creation of new documents, including wrap plans, summary plan descriptions, insurance documents and other formal plan documents.
- Analysis of risks under ERISA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), tax laws, and labor and employment laws, including the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII, FLSA and whistleblower statutes in connection with ACA-related plan design alternatives.
- Ongoing legal advice.