The 2011 Littler Health Care Summit
By Invitation Only
The ability to navigate through the maze of federal and state employment laws is essential for every health care employer. Hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, medical practices and other employers within the health care industry increasingly find themselves at the center of contentious lawsuits and expensive litigation.
Littler’s 2011 Health Care Summit is an interactive forum for industry leaders to discuss pressing employment and labor law issues facing health care employers today. During this Summit, we will cover:
The Onslaught of Wage and Hour Class Actions
- These costly and complex actions continue to plague nationwide health care employers
- New twists on existing issues, such as off-the-clock work claims, as well as new developments and strategies for defending wage and hour class actions.
The Federal Regulatory Environment
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)—1 year old
- Federal Contractor Compliance Considerations in the Healthcare Industry: The OFCCP is aggressively asserting subcontractor jurisdiction over health care providers who render services to federal employees and under the Tricare program, requiring compliance with federal affirmative action regulations.
Burning Labor Issues in 2011
- Impact of the "Obama Board" on health care employers
- Increasingly activist unions
- The impact of the NNU
- Employment discrimination issues for the health care employee
The Health Care Whistleblower
- What are the legal challenges?
- How to effectively handle/prevent/investigate these claims
The Summit will provide an in-depth review of the most current and critical information regarding labor and employment law during this time of legislative change, as well as the litigation hazards that frequently arise from both. It will take place over the course of a single afternoon on Wednesday, June 8, 2011, followed by a cocktail reception where guests will have the chance to network with peers, as well as Littler attorneys and guest speakers.
Le Parker Meridien Hotel,
119 West 56 St.,