Stephen P. Rosenberg advises and represents employers before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in a variety of matters, including:
- Trade secret law, non-compete agreements and restrictive covenants
- Employment discrimination
- ERISA disability benefits litigation
- Independent contractor classification
Additionally, Steve has written and spoken to employer groups about managing the risks and benefits of social networking for the workplace.
Steve recently returned to private practice after serving as a staff attorney to the Connecticut Department of Labor. At the labor department, he advised and supported the Employment Security Board of Review, an administrative entity which reviews unemployment appeals and independent contractor classification cases under the Connecticut Unemployment Compensation Act.
Earlier in his career, Steve served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joette Katz of the Connecticut Supreme Court, and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Janet Bond Arterton of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. In law school, he was an executive editor of the Connecticut Law Review.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Section – Connecticut Bar Association, 2009-present
- Labor and employment law vice-chair, Young Lawyers Section – Connecticut Bar Association, 2009-2010
- Co-chair, Public Service Committee - New Haven County Bar Association, 2009-2010
- Member, New Haven Inn of Court, 2007-2010
- Member, Board of Directors – Friends of New Haven Legal Assistance Association, 2007-2010
- Member, Leadership Greater New Haven – Chamber of Commerce, 2006-2007
- Named, New Leaders in the Law, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2012
- Named, Rising Star - Connecticut, SuperLawyers, 2010-2012
- Recipient, Public Service Award – New Haven County Bar Association, 2008
- Named, Forty Under 40, New Haven Business Times, 2007