Amy Nixon focuses her practice primarily on the litigation of harassment, discrimination and Employee Retirement Income Security Act claims. She regularly appears in state and district courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Missouri Commission on Human Rights. She has specific experience with claims arising under:
- Title VII
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Missouri Human Rights Act
Working with retailers and restaurants, Amy also counsels clients about employment policies and conducts training regarding the ADA and the FMLA.
Amy is the hiring shareholder for Littler Mendelson's St. Louis office. Prior to joining the firm, she worked in-house for a large corporation in Oklahoma.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Committee- The Missouri Bar
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Division - American Bar Association
- Member, Life, Health, and Disability Committee - Defense Research Institute
- Member, Employment Law Committee - Defense Research Institute
- Member, Lawyers' Professionalism & Ethics Committee - Defense Research Institute
- Member, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Order of the Coif