Health Care Reform: What Does It Mean for Employers?
The landmark health care reform legislation will bring sweeping changes to our nation’s health care system as well as to the workplace. Employers must be ready for new responsibilities and requirements that will dramatically impact the compensation and composition of their workforce and their business strategies. While the timeline for implementation varies, the preparation begins today. In this must-attend, complimentary webinar we will explore the short-term and long-term implications of the legislation, including:
- New "employer responsibility" requirements
- Health insurance reforms and modifications to existing employee benefits plans
- How the excise tax on high-cost insurance plans and other "pay-fors" will apply to employers
- Special considerations with respect to collectively bargained employees
- Wellness programs
- Practical steps which should be taken to comply with the new law
The webinar will be led by Littler Attorneys Steve Friedman, Susan Hoffman, Ilyse Schuman and Michelle Thomas.
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Pacific Time
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Mountain Time
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Central Time
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern Time
For questions, please contact Keith Upton at 415.399.8450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLE and SPHR/PHR credits are pending for this program.
Attendance will be limited. Registrants placed onto the waitlist will have the first opportunity to attend upcoming Health Care Reform webinars.