(November 1, 2019) – Littler, the world’s largest employment and labor law practice representing management, has been recognized by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) as a 2019 Top Performer and as a 2019 Compass Award winner. Littler is one of only 17 law firms to receive both recognitions this year, and one of only eight to receive both two years in a row.
“Littler is pleased to be recognized by LCLD for our long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion,” said Tom Bender and Jeremy Roth, co-managing directors of Littler, in a joint statement. “It is a privilege to partner with LCLD to further its work of improving equality in the legal profession and enhancing career opportunities for all.”
Top Performers are LCLD’s most active member organizations, while the Compass Award recognizes those members who personally attend the LCLD’s annual meeting and participate in the Fellows and Pathfinder programs, as well as at least one pipeline program (Mentoring or 1L Scholars). Littler attorneys who have participated in LCLD programs include the following individuals:
- San Jose-based Shareholder Jose Macias, 2019 fellow
- Austin-based Associate Melissa Ackie, 2018 pathfinder
- New York-based Shareholder Lauren Schwartzreich, 2017 fellow
- Los Angeles-based Associate Ashley Brick, 2017 pathfinder
- Irvine-based Associate Tracy Williams, 2017 pathfinder
- Cleveland-based Shareholder Edward Chyun, 2016 fellow
- Los Angeles-based Associate Derrick Lam, 2016 pathfinder
- Chicago-based Shareholder Michael Wilder, 2015 fellow
- Las Vegas-based Associate Ethan Thomas, 2015 pathfinder
- Los Angeles-based Shareholder Judy Iriye, 2014 fellow
- Tysons Corner-based Shareholder Yvette Gatling, 2012 fellow and 2016 Rick Palmore Alumni Award recipient
Littler’s support and involvement with LCLD is among the firm’s many diversity and inclusion initiatives. The firm has garnered accolades from numerous organizations, including the Human Rights Campaign, Minority Corporate Counsel Association, Women in Law Empowerment Forum, Working Mother magazine and Vault, among others.
With more than 1,500 labor and employment attorneys in offices around the world, Littler provides workplace solutions that are local, everywhere. Our diverse team and proprietary technology foster a culture that celebrates original thinking, delivering groundbreaking innovation that prepares employers for what’s happening today, and what’s likely to happen tomorrow.