Information contained in this publication is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or opinion, nor is it a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney.
Due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, governments across the world have implemented various measures to slow the spread of the virus, protect workers’ health and safety, and assist employers to recover from the economic crisis, among other programs. Littler’s global team is pleased to provide you with the “COVID-19: The New Normal” supplement to The Littler International Guide to help employers adapt their operations to the different measures (and timetables) happening in key jurisdictions across the world.
Covering 42 jurisdictions, this guide addresses various topics, including:
- Governmental economic relief programs to support employers and workers
- Eligibility threshold for governmental relief programs
- New rules restricting dismissals or providing special dismissal protection
- New compliance obligations on employers related to COVID-19
- Government’s enforcement efforts and penalties for noncompliance (New Topic)
- Government plans to ease restrictions on freedom of movement/business openings
- Guidelines on “social distancing,” wearing face masks/gloves, temperature screening
- Obligations (or lack thereof) on employers or employees to report suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection
- Changes to employers’ consultation, bargaining or codetermination responsibilities relating to trade unions and/or Works Councils on return-to-work protocols/measures
- Risks connected to requesting employees return to work and how to mitigate such risks
- Tracking of litigation related to COVID-19 (New Topic)
- Changes to rules on collective dismissals, business cessation and/or sale of a business (New Topic)
This guide is for informational purposes only, and not intended to substitute for legal advice.
Please contact Geida Sanlate at email@example.com to obtain a copy of this resource.