The Employer Book Series
For over 30 years, Littler has written and published The Employer Book Series. Recently revised and reorganized, the series comprises separate reference manuals covering a wide range of labor and employment law topics. The series draws upon the collective knowledge of Littler’s attorneys nationwide and is the field’s preeminent reference resource providing practical advice to management concerning employment and labor relations.
The International Series
This 5-volume set provides a comprehensive, comparative analysis of international employment and labor laws for corporate counsel, cross-border legal practitioners and HR professionals. Written by selected attorneys and scholars from around the globe and edited by the attorneys of Littler's International Practice Group, the guide is organized in a question-and-answer format and covers 60 countries/territories and the EU.
Other Littler Books
Littler attorneys author a number of comprehensive reference books focusing on particular areas of law. These practical guides and treatises are an essential part of your employment law library.
- Disability Discrimination and the Workplace, 2nd Edition: Provides a comprehensive picture of the disability discrimination landscape, including the history of the ADA, the development of federal disability discrimination law, as well as a comprehensive analysis of additional laws on a state-by-state basis.
- Employment Law Class Actions, 3rd Edition: Provides a comprehensive review of the strategic, procedural and legal issues that arise in employment law class and collective actions.
- Employment Law Trials: A Practical Guide: Designed to prepare the seasoned employment lawyer, junior litigation associate, or personal injury lawyer for the unique aspects of trying an employment case.
- Wage and Hour Answer Book, 2016 Edition: This easy-to-reference book, organized in a question-and-answer format, provides comprehensive explanations of the requirements of minimum wage, overtime, and recordkeeping along with real-world examples that simplify the complex issues of overtime pay, hours worked, and other calculations. It includes regulatory and case law developments as well as opinions of the Department of Labor.
- Whistleblowing & Retaliation, 6th Edition: Provides practical information on such topics as: retaliation claims; retaliatory discharge; Sarbanes-Oxley; Dodd-Frank Act; "best practices"; hot topics; retaliation and whistleblowing claims by in-house counsel; and expanded chapters on the False Claims Act and other federal and state whistleblower statutes.
- Unfair Competition and Intellectual Property Protection in Employment Law: Contract Solutions and Litigation Guide: Addresses employers’ key concerns and provides employers with a balanced look at their contractual options and litigation alternatives to help protect against unfair competition and intellectual property theft.
Littler Learning Group provides content for several educational videos to help employers with their employment law training needs.
- Harassment and Diversity: Respecting Differences: Harassment is not just about sex—it can also be about race, religion, age, disabilities and other protected characteristics. This dramatic story shows an all-too-common situation, where friction between employees grows from "just kidding around" into illegal harassment. (Manager and Employee versions available, in English and Spanish.)
- Legal Survival Skills for the Modern Manager: It's not easy to be a supervisor these days. They have to get the job done—often with fewer employees and a tighter budget—and they are expected to know exactly what to do or say every time a "people problem" arises. This video was created to help managers find their way through the maze of employment laws and regulations, while at the same time maximizing the performance of their workers.
- Managing Minefields: The Challenges Managers Face: This program dramatizes common employee relations issues encountered by managers today. Utilizing a partnership model between management and human resources, it offers practical solutions and unites employment law compliance with leadership practices in a way that builds stronger employee relations while helping to minimize risks for the employer.