Stefanie M. Mederos’ practice includes counseling employers and defending against employment-related claims. Stefanie regularly represents employers in discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims arising under:
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866
- The Florida Civil Rights Act
- The Florida Whistleblower Act
Stefanie also draws on her prior experiences in commercial litigation to defend against claims raising a wide range of other tort and contract disputes in employment-related cases. In addition, Stefanie regularly litigates claims for disability and other benefits arising under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
Prior to joining Littler, Stefanie worked at several general litigation law firms, where she focused on commercial, aviation, insurance defense and employment litigation. She has handled all facets of litigation, including administrative charges, arbitration proceedings, lawsuits in federal and state courts and appellate proceedings.