Brendan Fitzgerald advises and represents employers in a broad range of labor and employment law matters arising under international, federal, and state laws. He assists clients with a wide range of issues related to labor-management relations, including:
- National Labor Relations Board and related federal court proceedings
- Election campaigns
- Labor relations assessments and strategies
- Labor arbitrations
- Collective bargaining
As a complement to this domestic labor management relations practice, Brendan helps multi-national corporations based in the United States and abroad formulate and implement strategies to respond to efforts by labor unions and non-governmental organizations to discredit them through global campaigns. His work includes:
- Developing global labor relations and management strategies
- Establishing, implementing and managing corporate codes of social responsibility and human rights policies
- Assisting with proceedings involving the United Nations Global Compact and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Aiding global employers regarding the design and implementation of human resources policies
Brendan also regularly counsels employers on complex labor and employment issues that arise in the context of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, downsizing, reorganization and turn-around work with troubled companies or industries. This includes transaction planning, due diligence, deal documentation, assistance with plant closure and notification obligations, re-negotiation of labor agreements and pre-and post-closing integration activities.
Brendan practices in various federal and state courts and administrative agencies on a variety of employment law matters, including a wide range of discrimination and retaliation claims, and he has assisted in the defense of a number of class actions arising under federal and state laws.
Additionally, he advises clients in all aspects of their relationship with employees, including hiring and termination, policy drafting, and defending discrimination and harassment litigation and charges.