As the COVID-19 vaccines become more widely available in Wisconsin, employers must be prepared to navigate the unique and evolving legal and employee relations issues implicated by vaccination programs in the employment settings.
In this webinar, topics covered will include:
- An update on recent Wisconsin state and local COVID-19 legislation and health orders
- An update on priorities for distribution of the vaccines and the manner in which such decisions will be made
- A review of the legal issues that need to be addressed in any vaccination program developed by employers
- Requests to be excused from vaccination programs based on (1) medical conditions and/or disabilities covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act or (2) religious beliefs, practices, or observances under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act
- Federal and Wisconsin wage and hour issues, such as vaccine costs, compensable time, and the treatment of monetary incentives
- Benefits-related issues, including incentivizing vaccination as part of an employer's wellness program
- Employee safety, workers' compensation, and privacy-related issues
- Implementation of vaccination programs in a unionized setting, as well as the potential impact of the anti-vaccination movement and any "concerted protected activity"
- A review of employee vaccination programs for multistate and global employers
9:00 - 10:00 a.m. PT
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. MT
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m CT
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. ET