Shannon R. Boyce represents employers in a broad range of employment litigation matters, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour claims. An experienced trial and appellate attorney, Shannon has successfully tried numerous cases on behalf of clients. With a keen focus on providing superior quality work, coupled with her understanding of the need to provide strategic and practical solutions to assist clients with a wide range of issues, she counsels clients in a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, finance, higher education, manufacturing, and retail.
Shannon has handled cases in state and federal courts, achieving cost-effective, favorable results which include the following:
- Successfully defended higher education client in national origin and race discrimination case, achieving full defense verdict in Los Angeles Superior Court
- Successfully opposed conditional certification of a Fair Labor Standards Act collective action for off-the-clock work; then obtained complete defense verdict in jury trial of the individual class representative’s claims in U. S. District Court, Central District of California
- Successfully defended property management company in sexual harassment dispute, achieving full defense verdict in arbitration
- Successfully defended staffing company in sexual harassment dispute, achieving full defense verdict in arbitration
- Successfully opposed class certification in a wage and hour class action for a national assisted living provider in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and subsequently settled the matter on an individual basis on highly favorable terms
- Obtained ruling of non-certification of all claims for property management company in case involving misclassification of property level employees in Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Defended national healthcare provider in wage and hour class actions by successfully moving to dismiss class claims based upon the class representative’s agreement to arbitrate only individual claims and then successfully obtained dismissal on statute of limitations grounds of a PAGA claim following Plaintiff’s efforts to renew a PAGA claim based upon a change in the law
- Defended a national retailer in a wage and hour class action involving claims of unpaid overtime, unpaid minimum wage, and failure to provide meal/rest periods, obtaining a dismissal of action for waiver of costs and right to Rule 11 sanctions in Los Angeles Superior Court
Shannon is office managing shareholder of Littler's Los Angeles offices. Additionally, she devotes significant time to conducting in-house training sessions and workshops to management teams on a variety of employment law topics, including alternative dispute resolution, employment discrimination, performance evaluation, sexual harassment, wage and hour compliance, and wrongful termination.
In law school, Shannon served as an articles editor for the University of Southern California's Interdisciplinary Law Journal.