In Brendan Fitzgerald's labor and employment law practice, he regularly advises and represents employers in a broad range of labor and employment law matters arising under international, federal, and state laws. He assists clients with a wide range of issues related to labor management relations, including:
- National Labor Relations Board and related federal court proceedings
- Election campaigns
- Labor relations assessments and strategies
- Labor arbitrations
- Collective bargaining and contingency planning efforts
As a complement to this domestic labor management relations practice, Brendan helps multinational corporations based in the United States and abroad formulate and implement strategies to respond to efforts by labor unions and nongovernmental organizations to discredit them through global campaigns. His work includes:
- Developing global labor relations and management strategies
- Establishing, implementing and managing corporate codes of social responsibility and human rights policies
- Assisting with proceedings involving the United Nations Global Compact and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Aiding global employers regarding the design and implementation of human resources policies
Brendan also regularly counsels employers on complex labor and employment issues that arise in the context of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, downsizing, reorganization and turnaround work with troubled companies or industries. This includes transaction planning, due diligence, deal documentation, assistance with plant closure and notification obligations, renegotiation of labor agreements and pre-and post-closing integration activities.
Brendan practices in various federal and state courts and administrative agencies on a variety of employment law matters, including a wide range of discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, and he has assisted in the defense of a number of class actions arising under federal and state laws.
Brendan’s entire practice is guided by his having spent more than two years in-house within the healthcare field. During his time away from the firm, Brendan developed and implemented comprehensive labor relations and positive employee relations strategies. This experience has given Brendan a unique lens to assist clients in developing and implementing practical solutions.