Information contained in this publication is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or opinion, nor is it a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney.
The Littler Global Mobility and Immigration team adeptly manages inbound, outbound and cross-border transactions for employers of all sizes. Our attorneys are well-versed in various aspects of immigration within the broader context of employment and labor law, allowing us to offer clients comprehensive mobility solutions that take into account their employment, benefits, tax and related HR needs. Collaborating with strategic immigration partners worldwide, our mission is to facilitate the movement of employees and resources across international borders while helping employers to control costs and achieve legal compliance.
Unlike other firms that limit their practice to immigration work, we offer comprehensive mobility solutions that take into account employment, benefits, tax and related HR needs. We make efficient use of Littler Mendelson's internal resources by working closely with Littler's International Employment and Labor Law Practice Group, Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Practice Group, Employee Benefits Practice Group, and Employment Tax Practice Group to provide comprehensive solutions to complex migration problems.
Employers face increasing enforcement efforts and a bewildering array of state and federal regulations governing employment verification. Littler guides employers through this maze of regulations by providing advice about the Social Security Administration mismatch letter, I-9 audits by various government agencies, applicability of new and evolving state laws and investigations that could lead to criminal sanctions.
We work with clients to manage:
- Business-related temporary visas for U.S. employers bringing in foreign workers, including E, H, J, L, O, P and Treaty NAFTA visas.
- Employment-based permanent residence, including PERM labor certification, immigrant petition and adjustment of status.
- Special Handling, National Interest Waiver, Extraordinary Alien, Outstanding Academic and IntraCompany Transferee permanent residence cases.
- Compliance with the employment verification and anti-discrimination provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
- I-9 compliance audits, Social Security "mis-match" letters, Labor Condition Application audits, and defense against government enforcement efforts.
- Immigration-related RICO and class action lawsuits.
- Short-term and long-term transfer of personnel across all national borders.
- The development of comprehensive, standardized global HR strategies that take into account HR, tax and benefits, as well as home- and host-country employment and immigration laws.
We assist employers in moving employees across national borders, while maintaining the integrity of their businesses through a legally compliant and centralized program.