Littler Pride’s mission is to foster and maintain an inclusive work environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender attorneys and staff; to recruit, retain, and cultivate key LGBTQIA+ talent; to ensure the firm meets the diversity needs of our clients; and to support LGBTQIA+ issues in the legal community.
Littler’s attorneys and staff come from all over the world and bring unique perspectives to their work. Pride gives Littler’s LGBTQIA+ employees a platform to support and engage in the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Earned 100 percent Corporate Equality Index rating in the Human Rights Campaign’s Best Places to Work Survey, 2009-2019
- One of the nearly 300 employers and associations of employers that filed a brief in 2013 with the U. S. Supreme Court in support of Edith Windsor’s successful challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act
Our LGBTQIA+ Story
Coming out in the workplace can be a challenge for many LGBTQIA+ legal professionals. In a very personal way, Littler shareholders share their experiences in this video and describe how Littler’s inclusive environment impacts their achievements.
Littler lawyers are involved with many legal and professional organizations across the country. A sampling of our past and present leadership roles include:
- American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana Lawyers Council
- American Law Institute-American Bar Association: Employee Benefits Advisory Panel
- Georgetown University: adjunct professor of Cross Cultural Management and Negotiations and Global Labor and Employment Law
- New York Governor's Task Force on Development of Model Domestic Violence Employee Awareness and Assistance Policies for Businesses
- Greater Rochester (N.Y.) Area Women's Bar Association
- Greater Rochester (N.Y.) Association for Women Attorneys
- National LGBTQ+ Bar Association Conference (Lavender Law)
- Minnesota Lavender Law Association
- National Bar Association
- Orange County Lavender Bar Association
- Out Leadership
- Tom Homann LGBT Law Association