William H. Foster focuses his practice on issues of employment law, human resources, employee benefits and immigration on a local, regional and national basis. He advises and defends employers in employment-related matters, including:
- Discrimination and retaliation under federal and state equal employment opportunity laws
- State common law wrongful discharge
- Non-compete and trade secrets agreements and related litigation
- Employee benefits litigation under ERISA
- Immigration compliance
- Contract disputes
- Corporate investigations and risk management
- Allegations of sexual abuse
Bill's extensive experience includes numerous employment law and employee benefits class actions. He has defended clients in jury and non-jury cases in state and federal courts in South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia.
Prior to joining Littler, Bill led the employment practice of a large South Carolina firm. After law school, Bill clerked for the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina.
Bill is a frequent lecturer for both industry and legal forums.