Thomas S. Grow is an experienced labor and employment law professional and proactive business partner with success in developing strategic, outcome-based labor and employment solutions that achieve company objectives. He delivers strategic, client-focused legal solutions using insights gleaned from his 16 years of progressive in-house responsibility with a Fortune 50 global logistics corporation. As a managing director of labor and employment law, he served as a legal advisor to a broad cross-section of company stakeholders, focusing on developing practical and repeatable labor and employment law solutions and striking a sensible balance between business and legal objectives.
Tom has significant experience with the transportation industry, including airlines and trucking companies and understands their complexity. He has advised on, managed, and handled many aspects of labor and employment law in the transportation industry, including AIR21 charges, contract negotiations, counseling, discharge arbitrations, labor disruption advice and counseling and contingency planning, union organizing campaigns, and employment law compliance advice and counseling. Tom appreciates the importance of maintaining good labor relations with employees and union leaders and knows firsthand the intricacies of transportation labor agreements.
Tom focuses his practice on advising and representing corporate clients in a broad range of labor and employment matters, including:
- Advising during union organizing campaigns
- Complying with the RLA and NLRA
- Handling collective bargaining and labor arbitrations
- Drafting employment agreements and policies
- Proactive positive employee relations training, vulnerability assessments and union campaign preparedness
- Proactive management training related to harassment, discrimination, investigations and other employment laws
- Plant closings, reorganizations and relocations
- Labor and employment counseling
Tom began his legal career in Atlanta with two national labor and employment law firms, where he gained significant experience representing clients in various industries, including transportation, healthcare, food and industrial manufacturing, waste management and construction.