Stephen (Steve) Melnick counsels and represents employers regarding a broad range of employment laws, with a particular focus on:
- Wage and hour law
- Discrimination and harassment
- Unfair competition and trade secrets
- Whistleblowing and retaliation
- Complex litigation and class actions
Steve regularly appears before federal and state courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, and the Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights. He has drafted appellate briefs for the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Fourth Circuit, and the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
Steve represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, retail, and transportation. He provides advice to employers regarding legal issues including:
- Compliance with equal opportunity laws
- Compensation and wage and hour issues
- Alternative dispute resolution policies
- Other workplace policies and handbooks
Prior to joining Littler, Steve worked as a field representative for both the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD).