Dustin Bodaghi represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law. Dustin’s practice focuses on the defense of class and PAGA lawsuits under wage and hour laws. He has also defended clients against claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, failure to accommodate, wrongful termination, and unfair competition. Dustin has significant trial experience, having participated in multiple trials and arbitrations. Dustin has defended employers in technology, retail, manufacturing, telecommunications, staffing, and other industries.
Examples of Dustin’s successes include:
- Obtained dismissal of a PAGA lawsuit brought against a national restaurant chain at the pleadings stage
- Obtained dismissal of a worker misclassification lawsuit against a food delivery service at the pleadings stage
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit against a restaurant operator with claims for disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, and wrongful termination at the pleadings stage
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit against a hospital with claims for failure to hire and discrimination before the hearing on the company’s motion for summary judgment
- Obtained a complete defense award in a lawsuit against a hospital with claims for whistleblower retaliation and wrongful termination
While in law school, Dustin served as an editor for the Business Law Journal. He also externed for the Hon. James S. Ware (Ret.) of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.