Melissa L. Shingles represents management in traditional labor law matters. She also represents and counsels clients in all aspects and stages of employment litigation, arbitration, and mediation, including claims based on:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Arizona Civil Rights Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Discrimination and harassment
- Wrongful discharge
- Wage and hour class and collective actions
- Unfair competition, trade secrets, and restrictive covenants
During law school, Melissa was president of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society. She interned in the labor relations department of the Office of the Commissioner of Major League Baseball, as well as for the general counsel’s office of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Previously, she served as a real estate development consultant, working on large-scale mixed-use development projects.