Matthew R. Capobianco counsels and defends management in all aspects of labor and employment law. He has extensive experience litigating cases in both federal and state court, as well as at the agency level.
Specifically, Matt regularly represents and counsels employers in matters involving:
- Wage and hour violations
- Class and collective actions
- Unfair labor practices
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The New York Labor Law (NYLL)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
- The New York State and New York City Human Rights Law
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
Matt advises clients on employment-related policies including handbooks, pay practices, contracts, employee discipline, termination decisions and day-to-day operations and employment issues. He has experience representing employers in actions commenced by the United States and the New York State Department of Labor. Additionally, Matt advises employers in matters related to unfair labor practices and the collective bargaining process, and handles actions before the National Labor Relations Board. He also counsels and represents clients with regard to website and brick-and-mortar accessibility under Title III of the ADA.
Prior to joining Littler, Matt worked as a labor and employment associate in the New York office of a national litigation law firm. Since law school, Matt has focused his practice exclusively on labor and employment law.