Laurie J. Rust partners with clients to understand the business, financial, and practical motivations and implications of each matter. Laurie represents employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies in matters involving alleged violations of the:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- California Labor Code
- Colorado Wage Act
- Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA)
She routinely defends companies against employment-related charges and claims before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Colorado Civil Rights Division, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, and the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Laurie provides employment advice and counsel on a wide range of issues, such as hiring, discipline, termination, accommodating disability, wage and hour compliance and audits, federal and state immigration compliance, recreational and medical marijuana, leaves of absence, social media, and trade secrets. In addition, she works with employers to draft employment agreements, employee manuals, severance agreements, and other employment policies and procedures. She regularly provides training on harassment and all aspects of employment law.