Laurie E. Myers is a member of the Littler CaseSmart® team and is based in New Jersey. She partners with local Littler litigation teams in formulating and executing a discovery strategy for single plaintiff employment litigation cases. She drafts discovery requests and responses, evaluates the opposing party’s requests and responses, reviews documents, oversees document productions and assists with deposition preparation.
Laurie has experience advising employers in a broad range of employment law matters, including litigating claims arising under federal and state laws, such as:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment act (ADEA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Employment Retirement Income Security act (ERISA)
- Discrimination and retaliation
- Wrongful discharge
- Defamation and related state torts
Prior to joining Littler, Laurie was an associate with an international law firm’s labor and employment practice group where she successfully represented employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Philadelphia Human Rights Commission and the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights. She spent the last several years successfully implementing strategy to meet the discovery demands in large class action litigations. She previously was with a boutique law firm where she counseled municipalities on various employment issues and disputes in the firm’s capacity as municipal solicitor. Laurie began her legal career as a law clerk for the presiding judge of the Chancery Division in the Camden vicinage of the New Jersey Superior Court.