As Associate General Counsel and Senior Director of Risk Management, Jennifer Schwendemann is responsible for policy development, risk management strategy and operations management of Littler’s calendar and conflict functions. She also works closely with the international offices to ensure compliance with their foreign jurisdiction Rules of Professional Conduct.
Her role includes:
- Managing the Conflict and New Business Intake group for the firm, ensuring that all clients and matters are properly vetted and the Rules of Professional Conduct are followed
- Managing the Calendaring group to ensure compliance with the Rules of Civil Procedure and local court rules
- Training staff on relevant ethics issues such as conflicts and confidentiality
- Overseeing the lateral hire conflict process and the integration of their matters into the Littler system
- Providing ethics advice and counsel to Littler attorneys on a variety of issues
Prior to joining Littler, Jennifer was Director of Risk Management, New Business Intake and Pro Bono Services for a full service, regional St. Louis law firm. Previously she was an admistrative law judge for the State of Missouri, Division of Worker's Compensation.
Jennifer is a frequent speaker at CLE presentations, covering a wide variety of topics.