Emily J. Carapella focuses her practice on traditional labor matters and employment-related litigation.
In the traditional labor context, Emily represents employers at labor arbitrations, in administrative proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, and before federal appellate courts.
In the employment context, Emily represents employers in federal court, at arbitration, and in administrative proceedings before agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the Maryland Commission for Civil Rights, and the D.C. Office of Human Rights. She has experience with a wide variety of employment-related claims, including claims involving the following:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The D.C. Human Rights Act
- The Maryland Fair Employment Practices Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act
Emily also advises employers on a wide variety of labor and employment matters, including employee discipline, performance management, employment-related contracts, wage and hour compliance, and antidiscrimination requirements.