Brigid A. Novak is a member of the Littler CaseSmart® team and is based in Florida. She is responsible for early case evaluation (ECE). At the outset of each single plaintiff employment litigation matter, she identifies and reviews pertinent documents, interviews relevant witnesses, and drafts ECE reports. In keeping with each client’s litigation philosophy, Brigid partners with the local Littler litigation team and assists in developing and executing strategies for effectively handling litigation.
Brigid has advised and represented employers in a broad range of human resource issues and employment disputes, including those involving:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Florida Civil Rights Act
- Other federal statutes and state laws
Prior to joining Littler, Brigid was an associate at a Florida law firm where she handled a variety of cases in state and federal courts and advised employers in all areas related to the employment relationship.