As a member of the Littler CaseSmart® team and based in Ohio, Becky Ramseyer Melchiorre is responsible for handling administrative agency charges from investigation to conclusion. She works on client-dedicated service teams, focused on handling charges. She investigates charge allegations, reviews pertinent documents, interviews key witnesses, and provides clients an assessment of the risks associated with the charge. In partnership with the client, Becky defends the charge by drafting persuasive position statements and responses to the agency’s requests for information and/or pursues resolution of the charge through formal or informal settlement negotiations.
Becky has represented employers throughout her legal career, both as in-house and outside employment counsel. Prior to joining the CaseSmart team, Becky worked in-house as litigation and employment law counsel for a leading national specialty retailer. Prior to that, she was an associate at Littler. Becky’s areas of focus have included, among others:
- Hiring, performance management and terminations
- Leaves of absence and disability accommodations
- Background checks and criminal history
- Business restructuring
- Discrimination, harassment and retaliation
- Legal risk and early case assessments
- Litigation avoidance, defense and resolution
- Employment-related training
- Policies, procedures and handbooks
She also has extensive experience responding to charges filed with federal and state administrative agencies. In law school, Becky was a member of the Moot Court Board. She was also a judicial extern to S. Arthur Spiegel, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio.