Asha A. Santos devotes her practice to the representation of management in all types of employment disputes in state and federal court and before government agencies. Asha’s practice focuses on:
- Single- and multi-plaintiff harassment and discrimination matters
- ADA, FMLA, and leave of absence issues
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour
- Pre-litigation counseling and compliance issues
In addition to litigation, Asha has a robust counseling practice, and regularly advises employers on separation agreements, handbooks, performance management, and workplace investigations.
Asha has particular skill in designing and implementing comprehensive training programs for employees in all levels of an organization.
Asha’s comprehensive sessions include:
- Workshops tailored to senior executives and their unique legal obligations to respond to harassment and discrimination concerns
- Interactive workshops on respect in the workplace and equal opportunity employment principles
- “Train the trainer” sessions to empower human resources and in-house employees to deliver EEO workshops
- Bystander intervention workshops designed to create and support a “speak up” culture
- Sessions tailored to client or industry-specific issues, such as third party harassment concerns and social media
Asha’s popular Bystander Intervention training has been implemented by numerous employers in the wake of #MeToo, and Asha is a regular speaker on the topic of what #MeToo means for corporate America.