Individuals may register for one of the two sessions. Each session will cover the same content and materials. Space is limited and expected to fill quickly.
Attorneys from Littler's San Jose office present a lively look at new developments in labor and employment law. The speakers will review the effects – positive and negative – of recent litigation, legislative, and agency trends. Additionally, they will explore a wide range of cutting edge labor and employment topics impacting California employers of all sizes, such as:
- The impact of AB 51 on mandatory arbitrations and non-negotiated severance agreements, including the substance of the law, how this legislation will affect employers, and an update on the lawsuit against CA seeking to strike down the law
- AB 5 and the new independent contractor test, how to comply with it and whether an exception applies to your business
- What employers need to know about the ban on “No-Rehire" clauses in CA
- Avoiding employee benefit land mines in the employment compliance context
- Other 2020 key updates, such as: leaves of absence, lactation accommodation, harassment training, independent contractors, CA consumer privacy rights, changes to CA's Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), and more
Registration and breakfast: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.