***Registration for this event is closed as we have reached maximum capacity. To be placed on a waitlist please contact Emmad Awaad at firstname.lastname@example.org.***
Attorneys from Littler's San Francisco Office present a lively look at new developments in labor and employment law for 2020. The speakers will review the effects - positive and negative - of recent litigation, legislative, and agency trends. Additionally, they will explore a wide range of cutting edge labor and employment topics impacting California employers of all sizes, such as:
- Impact of AB 51, including the substance of the law, how this legislation will affect employers, and an update on the lawsuit against California seeking to strike down the law
- Arbitration provisions, including within non-negotiated severance agreements
- The new independent contractor test, how to comply with it and whether an exception applies to your business
- What employers need to know about the ban on “No-Rehire" clauses in California
- Avoiding employee benefit land mines in the employment compliance context
- Other 2020 key updates, such as: leaves of absence, lactation accommodation, harassment training, independent contractors, California consumer privacy rights, changes to California's Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), and more!
Registration and Breakfast: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.