Each year this decade, California's state and local lawmakers have enacted some new prevailing wage legislation, and other laws impacting the construction industry, and last year was no different. New laws taking effect in 2019 will directly impact contractors and developers.
The speakers will be presenting an update on developments affecting the construction industry, including the state PWL. They will discuss the past year's legislative, legal and administrative developments, and offer preventive measures and practical suggestions.
The topics will include:
- The ability of union contractors in the construction industry to negotiate “PAGA waivers" with building trades unions
- The expansion of the “skilled and trained" workforce requirements into new areas
- The expansion of the PWL into unexpected areas
- New developments in greenmail lawsuits
- Municipal ordinances, resolutions and contracting policies adding PWL requirements and/or requiring project labor agreements for projects
- The “me-too" fallout and new laws greatly expanding training requirements for preventing workplace harassment
- Significant prevailing wage developments beyond public works
- Important preventive measures and practical recommendations
Registration and Breakfast: 8:00 - 8:30 am
Program: 8:30 - 10:30 am