This Retail Roundtable is an interactive forum designed for you and your industry colleagues to share how your businesses are handling certain legal challenges. Participants will explore issues they have faced, sharing ideas and strategies that have proven successful. Topics to be addressed:
- How companies are preparing for compliance with the upcoming NY State law amendments requiring harassment training, specifying provisions for releases that encompass sexual harassment, prohibiting arbitration in certain circumstances, etc.
- How smaller employers and retailers without computers in stores handle this issue of training managers and employees
- What companies are doing in light of the new California Supreme Court decision affecting classification of independent contractors
- How best to deal with legal risk in situations where the business rejects recommendations by legal and human resources
- Artificial intelligence and robotics
Helping to lead the discussion will be:
- Terri Solomon, Shareholder
- Mitchell Borger, Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, Macy's, Inc.
- Ellen Cho, Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, The Children's Place
- Peter Damiano, Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, The J. Crew Group, Inc.
- Margo Eberlein, AVP, Associate General Counsel, Employment Law, Ascena Retail Group Inc.
- Christina Feege, VP, Associate General Counsel, L'Oreal USA, Inc.
- Michael Kreitman, Senior Counsel, Macy's, Inc.
- Jonas Lehmann-Karp, VP, Legal, Fast Retailing USA, Inc.
This program is geared towards in-house counsel and HR professionals.
Registration and Breakfast: 8:00 - 8:30 am
Discussion: 8:30 - 10:00 am