Severing an employment relationship, like a personal one, can be difficult to do, even when the severance is mutual. During this program, the presenters will walk through some tricky real-world examples and best practices in answering the below questions and others you may have.
What if the employment relationship is ending, and the employee:
- Refuses to help transition work upon voluntarily resigning?
- During termination, asks for more time to mend the relationship or requests protected leave of absence or other job accommodations?
- Accuses you of retaliation for whistleblower-type complaints made prior to termination?
- Requests unemployment benefits?
As the employer, how should I handle:
- Keeping records about the termination decision?
- Explaining the termination decision if all communication was attorney-client privileged?
- Enforcing an arbitration agreement if post-employment claims are made?
- Including an arbitration clause in a separation agreement?
Registration: 3:45 – 4:00 pm
Program: 4:00 – 5:40 pm
Reception: 5:40 – 7:00 pm