What just happened? Was that your reaction to the election? This year’s Breakfast Briefing series will focus on critical issues facing employers in California and nationally based on new laws and case law developments. This briefing will focus on what employers need to know to keep pace with these changes. Topics to be covered will include the following:
- Legislative Developments: A review of the continuing avalanche of new legislation signed into law at the state and federal level impacting California employers in 2017.
- Federal Agenda Impact: What can we expect from President Trump, the future of the overtime exemption changes, and the other developments within the DOL, EEOC, NLRB, etc.
- Trends From 2016: What were the critical trends that should impact employers planning for 2017?
- Case Law Overview: A review of the most relevant California and federal case law developments highlighting the most significant 2016 federal and state court decisions.
- Suggested Employee Handbook Updates: Practical advice regarding the impact of new laws and court decisions on your current employee handbook and changes for 2017.
Continental Breakfast: 8:00 – 9:00 am
Program followed by Question and Answer Session: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm