Nation's Largest Employment Law Firm Welcomes 10-Attorney Team from Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP to its Growing Tri-State Practice
New York, NY/ April 16, 2008 -- Littler Mendelson, P.C., the nation's largest employment and labor law firm representing management, today announced the addition of 10 accomplished attorneys from Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP to its New York; Newark, N.J.; and New Haven, Conn. offices. The group includes Joel Finger, whose deep employment law expertise will further augment the rapidly growing Littler New York team. A founding member of the employment law litigation firm Roberts & Finger, Finger will be joined by nine additional Thelen Reid lawyers, each bringing core competencies that place them among the most respected in their field today.
"Littler's Tri-State offices have experienced exceptional growth, particularly during the past two years," said Richard L. Hartz, office managing shareholder of the New York and Melville, N.Y. offices. "The addition of these notable attorneys underscores our commitment to success and reinforces the firm's leadership position in labor and employment law in the Tri-State region and nationally."
With this addition, the firm's New York practice will increase to 40 attorneys while the region, which also includes Newark, N.J.; Melville, N.Y.; New Haven, Conn.; and Stamford, Conn., expands to a total of 74 attorneys. The firm is pleased to welcome the following former Thelen Reid attorneys:
New York City
- Joel L. Finger, shareholder, has practiced employment law for nearly four decades and is one of the most experienced and skilled attorneys in the field today. An original founding partner of New York's Roberts & Finger, a leading labor and employment law firm, and later joining Brown Raysman & Steiner, LLP, Finger then became a partner at Thelen Reid following its merger with Brown Raysman. Finger brings a great depth of experience trying employment cases to jury verdicts.
- Jean L. Schmidt, shareholder, is a highly skilled litigator with more than 20 years experience that includes trade secrets and non-competition agreements and defending claims in race, age and disability discrimination.
- Eric D. Witkin, special counsel, brings more than 30 years of employment litigation experience to Littler representing management before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in single plaintiff and class actions.
- Marguerite Stenson Wynne, of counsel, is a litigator whose experience includes defending claims of wrongful termination, disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, constructive discharge, whistleblowing, retaliation, sexual harassment and other types of harassment.
- Joseph E. Field, special counsel, represents clients in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels and in arbitration and mediation.
- Patricia LeGoff, associate, is experienced in representing private and public sector employers. Prior to Thelen Reid, she was assistant corporation counsel at the New York City Law Department.
- Theo Gould, associate, has experience in traditional labor law as well as employment law, representing management in labor relations matters such as arbitration, collective bargaining and union organizing and election campaigns.
- Ronit M. Gurtman, associate, represents management in a wide variety of employment related and labor relations matters.
- I. Michael Kessel, special counsel, represents employers in cases involving claims of discrimination, violations of federal and state employment statutes, wage and hour issues, wrongful discharge, breach of contract and other common law causes of action.
New Haven, Conn.
- Kristi E. Mackin, associate, is experienced in representing private and municipal employers in federal and state courts and before federal and state administrative agencies.
"We are thrilled to add a group of such talented, experienced and respected attorneys to Littler Mendelson," said Hartz. "The continued expansion of our Tri-State offices will bolster the firm's ability to provide outstanding service to our clients locally and nationwide."
About Littler Mendelson
With more than 700 attorneys and 44 offices in major metropolitan areas nationwide, Littler Mendelson is the largest law firm in the United States devoted exclusively to representing management in employment, employee benefits, immigration and labor law matters. The firm's client base ranges from Fortune 500 companies to small-business owners. Established in 1942, the firm has litigated, mediated and negotiated some of the most influential cases and labor contracts in the nation's history. For more information, visit www.littler.com.