Emily H. Morris is a member of the Littler CaseSmart® team. She partners with local Littler litigation teams in formulating and executing a discovery strategy for employment litigation cases. She drafts discovery requests and responses, evaluates the opposing party’s requests and responses, reviews documents and oversees document productions, and conducts discovery-related legal research and briefing. Her focus is deposition preparation and motions to compel.
Emily has experience advising and representing employers in a broad range of employment matters, appearing in state and federal courts. She regularly handles discrimination, harassment, and retaliation issues arising under:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Kentucky Civil Rights Act
In addition, Emily advised clients in connection with the increasing number of social media issues which employers face in the employment context.
Before joining the Littler CaseSmart team, Emily worked as an associate in Littler’s Lexington office for over three years. Previously, Emily served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Joseph M. Hood of the U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky for four years.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Kentucky Bar Association
- Member, Fayette County Bar Association
- Member and former president, Board of Directors - Girls on the Run of Central Kentucky
- Member, Bluegrass Alumni Board - Transylvania University
- Former member, Board of Directors - Central Christian Church Child Care Center
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA, 2013 and 2014