William J. Leahy provides assistance with all issues that arise out of the employer-employee relationship, including those involving discrimination and harassment. He has successfully handled employment-related disputes through trial and appeal, including extensive litigation in federal and state courts with claims arising under:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Uniform Trade Secrets Act
- The Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law
William also has represented companies, often in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and hospitality industries, in matters relating to the protection of trade secrets and confidential information and the enforcement of covenants not to compete.
In addition to litigation, William devotes a substantial portion of his practice to advising employers on day-to-day compliance with federal, state and local laws, as well as protection of confidential information. This includes:
- Drafting and reviewing policies
- Preparing employment and severance agreements
- Providing advice on harassment and employee leave issues
He frequently presents seminars on these and other topics.
A member of Littler Mendelson's Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Practice Group, William also serves on the firm's Associates Committee.
William began his career as a law clerk for the Honorable Robert F. Kelly of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Union League of Philadelphia