Tom Metzger is widely-respected as a labor and employment law attorney and litigator. For nearly 20 years, he has represented private and publicly traded companies in various industries, ranging from start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies, on cases throughout the United States. He has also represented some of the country’s leading CEO’s, financial advisors, entrepreneurs, and sales executives in connection with covenant-not-to-compete litigation and executive contract negotiations. He has successfully represented clients and resolved disputes in hundreds of employment-related cases, including covenant-not-to-compete matters, employment discrimination claims and related workplace issues.
Tom has successfully tried many cases to verdict, including more than twenty-five covenant-not-to-compete and trade secret trials throughout the United States in state and federal courts.
Tom is a frequent speaker and author on employment law and litigation topics. He has contributed to numerous articles and news programs on the subject, including television interviews with ABC and NBC, and numerous radio programs and interviews with Business Week, the Columbus Dispatch, Business First, Columbus CEO, and the Daily Reporter, among others.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section - Ohio Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section - American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section - Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Labor and Employment Section - Ohio State Bar Association
- Former editor-in-chief, Labor and Employment Law Newsletter - Ohio State Bar Association
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2013
- Named, Top Ohio Lawyer, Labor and Employment - Business First, 2009-2012
- Named, Super Lawyer - Ohio, 2012
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rating
- Named, Top Attorney in Ohio - The Verdict
- Order of the Barristers