For close to 40 years, Robert Millman has represented employers in proceedings and unfair labor practices before the National Labor Relations Board and in employment discrimination and wrongful termination litigation, including complex class actions. He also represents clients in arbitration and mediation, and in collective bargaining negotiations.
Appearing in federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels, Robert also practices before the Department of Labor, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. He has significant experience with claims arising under:
- Title VII
- The National Labor Relations Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The California Fair Employment and Housing Act
- The California Labor Code
Robert offers compliance counseling and provides his clients with employment law training. He also helps management develop employment law problem prevention modules and policies, and provides transactional employment advice designed to prevent litigation. Most often, Robert works with clients in the healthcare, hospitality, retail, and transportation industries.
Robert frequently speaks throughout the country on contemporary labor and employment law topics. He is interviewed regularly on radio and television, and has been published in, and interviewed for major national trade publications. His views and opinions are valued by senior management and employee relations professionals throughout the country.
The founder of the firm's Los Angeles office, Robert is the former chairman of Littler Mendelson's Board of Directors. He joined as the firm's 18th lawyer and has been an essential and integral part of the growth, development, and success of Littler over the past four decades.
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America
- Named, International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers - Who's Who Legal
- Named, Top 25 Management Employment Attorneys in the United States - National Law Journal
- Named, Top 100 Attorneys in California - Los Angeles Daily Journal and San Francisco Daily Journal
- Named, Top Labor and Employment Attorneys in California - San Francisco Daily Journal and Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Named, Who's Who in Law - Los Angeles Business Journal