Kevin Kraham works as a strategic business partner with clients to help ensure that human resources and labor relations practices and programs support and drive business plans. Kevin provides day-to-day advice, counseling, and training to employers about workplace issues such as recruitment, performance management, discipline, compensation, compliance, communications, and crisis-management. He also represents clients in employment and labor matters in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies and arbitrators.
Kevin represents a variety of employers, including those in the following industries:
- Distribution and logistics
- Government contracting
His airline and railroad experience includes:
- System board of adjustment and public law board arbitrations
- Federal court litigation with unions under the Railway Labor Act
- Advice regarding contract administration
- Representation proceedings and carrier interference cases before the National Mediation Board
- Collective bargaining negotiations, including initial contracts, concession bargaining, and merger agreements
A regular lecturer on public charter school and education issues, Kevin also comments about workplace issues and is quoted in a number of national publications. He serves on Littler Mendelson's Associates Committee and is a member of Littler Pride, the firm’s LGBTA affinity group.
Kevin is a former adjunct professor at Georgetown University, where he taught cross cultural management and negotiations and global labor and employment law. Kevin began his career in employment and labor law with the U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as an investigator, law clerk, and administrative judge. In 1991, he completed The Maine Challenge, a 26-day multi-element Outward Bound course based on Hurricane Island, Maine.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Board of Directors - The National LGBT Bar Association
- Co-chair, LGBT Litigator Committee, Section of Litigation - American Bar Association
- Former Secretary, Board of Trustees - Two Rivers Public Charter School
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2013-2015
- Named, Super Lawyer - Washington, DC, Super Lawyers, 2013
- Recipient, Distinguished Alumnus Award - Washington College of Law, 1999