Katie Goetzl advises and litigates on behalf of employers in all types of employment disputes in state and federal courts, before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state fair employment practice agencies. She has experience handling bench and jury trials and arbitration and mediation. She has represented employers in claims involving:
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of contract
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- 42 U.S.C. § 1981
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- Virginia state laws
Additionally, she has expertise in drug-testing issues and has helped employers to draft and implement substance-abuse prevention policies.
In law school, Katie was administrative editor of The Tax Lawyer.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section - American Bar Association
- Member, Virginia State Bar Association