Joon Hwang represents management in a wide variety of labor and employment matters, with an emphasis on employment litigation of all types – from single-plaintiff to complex class, collective, and hybrid actions. In particular, Joon’s practice includes litigation of:
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims
- Non-compete/non-solicitation and trade secret claims
- Wage and hour claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Employment tort claims including wrongful discharge, intentional misrepresentation, and negligence
- Sales commission issues
- Employee benefits issues
Joon has successfully defended international, national, and regional clients before federal and state courts, as well as before administrative agencies. He has litigated in many jurisdictions throughout the country.
In addition to his litigation practice, Joon counsels clients on all aspects of the employer-employee relationship by offering pre-litigation advice and best practices to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. He regularly assists management on issues pertaining to:
- Performance management, discipline, and separation
- Leave of absence and disability accommodation
- Workplace privacy, data security, and social media
- Wage and hour compliance
- Personnel policies and procedures
Joon works with a diverse range of clients in industries such as government contracting, consulting, technology, health care, transportation, construction, telecommunications, retail, insurance, staffing, higher education, and professional sports.
Prior to joining Littler, Joon served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable James C. Fox of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.