Daniel L. Thieme is experienced in all areas of employment relations law. He has particular expertise in the areas of wage and hour law – including all aspects of employee compensation, business sales and restructuring, executive compensation, discrimination law, and employee intellectual property issues.
With respect to wage and hour and compensation law, Dan’s experience includes:
- Wage and hour class action defense
- Overtime and minimum wage compliance
- Commission plans, bonus plans, and all other forms of employee incentive compensation
- Arbitration programs with class action waivers
With respect to business sales and restructuring, Dan’s experience includes:
- Reductions-in-force planning
- Adverse impact analysis
- Release of claims drafting and enforceability
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act compliance
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) compliance
With respect to executive compensation, Dan’s experience includes negotiating executive employment contracts for both companies and executives and structuring executive incentive compensation plans.
With respect to discrimination law, Dan’s experience includes:
- Defense of discrimination, harassment and disability accommodation litigation
- Disability accommodation advice
- Pre-termination advice
- Leave rights
With respect to trade secrets and non-competition agreements, Dan’s experience includes:
- Prosecution and defense of non-competition and trade secrets litigation
- Intellectual property protection advice
- Drafting non-competition and nondisclosure agreements
Dan chairs the Incentive Compensation subgroup of the Wage and Hour Practice Group, and the WARN Act subgroup of the Business Restructuring Practice Group.