U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Reform – What Does This Mean for Your Company?
The United States Supreme Court issued its long-anticipated decision today on the various challenges to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). In a 5 to 4 decision, authored by Chief Justice John Roberts, the Court upheld the ACA. The Court reasoned that the law was valid under Congress's tax authority—a basis for the decision that surprised nearly everyone.
A team of Littler practitioners, who have followed health care reform since its enactment, will present two ninety-minute programs on this critical development:
- Friday, June 29: the immediate impact of the Supreme Court's decision
- Wednesday, July 11: in-depth exploration of of the actions employers need to take to comply with the ACA
Some of the key topics to be addressed include:
- The Supreme Court's reasoning in upholding the ACA
- Practical implications of the decision
- Key areas of focus for employers that are playing catch-up
- Upcoming regulatory developments and potential legislative challenges to the ACA
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PDT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MDT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CDT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm EDT
Login information will be emailed to registered participants prior to the webinar.
Continuing Education: CLE and SPHR pending approvalThe following states do not approve CLE credit for webinars: AL, IN, IA, KS, LA, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC
Questions? Email Keith Upton or call (415) 399-8450