Diana G. Dickinson represents employers in a broad range of employment matters involving:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act and Nevada wage and hour laws
- Noncompetition and nonsolicitation covenants, confidential information, and trade secrets
Diana’s practice focuses on trade secrets, enforcing and defending against restrictive covenants, class and collective actions brought under federal and state wage and hour laws, and appellate litigation.
In her noncompete and trade secrets cases, Diana has assisted with written discovery, depositions, obtaining temporary and extended orders of protection for harassment in the workplace, and hearings successfully enforcing emergency injunctive relief.
Diana has significant class action litigation experience, including responding to class discovery, conducting blitz interviews, drafting dispositive motions, and obtaining final approval of a class action settlement.
In her appellate practice, Diana has argued before the Nevada Court of Appeals on behalf of a pro bono client in a 42 U.S.C. § 1983 civil rights case. She has also drafted Opening, Answering, and Reply briefs before the Nevada Supreme Court.
Diana has handled matters in federal and state courts, arbitration, and before administrative agencies achieving favorable results which include the following:
- Obtained complete dismissals in federal court and arbitration matters
- Prevailed on summary judgment in Title VII matter
- Successfully defended healthcare provider in disability discrimination dispute, achieving full defense verdict in arbitration
- Enjoined and prevented temporary restraining orders and injunctive relief in matters involving employee breaches of confidential information, trade secrets, solicitation, and noncompete agreements
Prior to joining Littler, Diana clerked at the pre-trial, trial, and appellate levels of federal court. She was a law clerk for the Hon. Johnnie B. Rawlinson of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Hon. Howard D. McKibben of the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, and the Hon. Nancy J. Koppe of the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada.
During law school, Diana served as an articles editor for the Virginia Journal of International Law. Diana also was a judicial extern to the Hon. Philip M. Pro of the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada.